Can I renew my vehicle registration online?
You can if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You have a passenger vehicle – including cars, light trucks, vans, motorcycles, or motorhomes
- Your vehicle is not registered as a fleet or company vehicle
- Your address has not changed
- Your registration has not been expired for more than 2 months
- You want to renew your vehicle registration for one year
Have the following ready before you renew online:
- Your current vehicle registration certificate, which contains your license plate number and your registration number.
- Your valid insurance pink card as proof of insurance coverage. Your insurance must provide public liability and property damage coverage under an owner’s automobile insurance policy as provided for in the Alberta Insurance Act.
- Your credit card ready to make a payment. We accept VISA, MasterCard, or American Express. We do not accept VISA Debit and prepaid credit cards.
If you choose the mail option please renew within 10 business days of your expiry date to allow time for your tabs to arrive. It is your responsibility to allow sufficient time for mail delivery.
- Your transaction is successful when you reach a page containing the message: “Your transaction has been completed. Print this page as a receipt of the transaction”.
- If you did not reach this page, your transaction may not have been completed. If you are unsure about the status of your payment, please contact us.
- The charge will appear on your statement as Mundare Registries Ltd.
- You should receive your new registration and tabs in the mail within 10 business days. They are mailed directly from the Mundare Registries Ltd. office to the address listed on your registration. There is no option to have the registration mailed to an alternate address.
- If you do not receive your new registration and tabs after 10 business days, take your printed receipt to Mundare Registries Ltd. within 30 days of paying online for a no-fee tab replacement. After 30 days you may be charged an additional fee.
In accordance with the Traffic Safety Act (TSA), Operator Licensing and Vehicle Control Regulation, and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (S.33) for motor vehicle services, the Registrar of Motor Vehicles collects personal information for the following purposes: to confirm the identity and eligibility of an individual for motor vehicle services and for motor vehicle records held by motor vehicles; investigation and enforcement; and for contact information, including the residential address in order for the personal serving of documents under the TSA. Questions about the collection of your personal information can be directed to Alberta Registries, Box 3140, Edmonton, AB T5J 2G7 or 780-427-7013, toll-free 310-0000 within Alberta.