We can help you with AHCIP registration and changes for FREE.
Not all registry agents provide AHCIP services, but we do!
Have you signed on as an organ donor? It’s applied to your drivers license. When you renew, why not add it then? It’s free to do, and all we need is your health care card and drivers license. Read FAQs here.
All eligible Albertans including new and returning Alberta residents must register for the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) coverage to receive insured hospital and physician services. Alberta’s health-care plan provides Alberta residents with full coverage for medically necessary physician and some specific dental and oral-surgical health services.
Learn what the AHCIP covers here.
Questions and answers about registry agents
1. Can an authorized registry agent provide me with a personal health care card?
- Registry agents can only process the AHCIP application and request the card through Alberta Health. All cards are mailed directly to you from Alberta Health at the address that is currently on file.
- For more information contact the AHCIP office
2. Is my personal medical information accessible to the registry agent staff?
- The staff at registry agent offices do not have access to any medical information, including medical records.
3. How secure is my personal information at the Alberta registry agent offices?
- Your personal information is safe. Registry agents are subject to strict legislative, contractual and policy requirements that protect the security and release of Albertans’ information.